A New Language for a New Generation
Theology of the Body for Teens presents the two hottest topics on the planet--God and sex--and "marries" them through Pope John Paul II's compelling vision for love and life. Using a great mix of stories, real-life examples, activities, prayers, and references to the culture that teens understand, Theology of the Body for Teens answers the questions teens have about their own bodies, issues on sexual morality, and how they were uniquely created for greatness.
Theology of the Body for Teens answers questions such as:
- Why did God give us our sexual desires?
- What is the difference between love and lust?
- Can Christ bring healing to me if I’ve already “messed up”?
- How far is “too far”?
- How can teens remain pure in our oversexed culture?
- Is there any hope for overcoming lust and pornography?
Just for Parents
The Theology of the Body speaks to the deepest meaning of why we were created, the purpose of love and sexuality, and the meaning of life. These topics are important for all persons, especially for teens. Teenscrave the Theology of the Body—even though they may not know it at a cognitive level. They are yearning for answers to life’s deepest questions, as well as a positive portrayal of their sexuality. John Paul II’s vision for the meaning of our bodies and our sexual desires is a topic that will connect with teens in a way that speaks to the deepest desires of their hearts.
Human beings were made for greatness. We were made to know God, know truth, and live life in a way that brings us peace and happiness. These pursuits are often difficult to reflect upon and come by in today’s distracting and permissive culture. As a result, it is perhaps harder to live as a teenager today than any other time before. The wounds our teenagers experience are deep and manifold. Due to our culture’s focus on immediate gratification, many teens have lost their way, and in the process have lost hope of attaining the greatness they desire. The Theology of the Body will help restore their hope because it reveals for our teenagers a road map to real love and authentic happiness.
Theology of the Body for Teens will help them to unlearn the misguided teachings of the modern culture and provide them with the very key to life—the key to happiness and peace. It will help them discover the ultimate purpose for which God created them—communion with him.
For more information about TOB for Teens
20 Reasons Why It is so Effective with Teens
1. Many teens don’t understand who they are. Theology of the Body for Teens answers the question “Who am I” and helps teens understand John Paul II’s vision of what it means to be a human person.
2. People’s lives are being changed across the world by John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Theology of the Body for Teens brings this beautiful teaching about love and life into a “multiple intelligences” format that engages teens and motivates them to learn God’s plan for their lives.
3. Your teens crave direction for their lives. Theology of the Body for Teens introduces them to the original beauty of God’s plan for humanity and their lives in particular as well.
4. Many Catholic teens do not know that their bodies and are good. Theology of the Body for Teens helps teens rediscover the beauty and goodness of their bodies.
5. Some chastity talks focus on the negative aspects of sexuality—e.g., STDs, broken hearts—and present the Church’s teaching as a “list of rules.” Theology of the Body for Teens, though, offers a very positive message about the gift of sexuality as it challenges teens to embrace our call to greatness.
6. With the constant messages of the media, teens are confused about the relationship between love and sex. Theology of the Body for Teens clarifies the difference between love and lust and helps teens see the value of living lives of generosity over selfishness.
7. Some teens feel trapped in the pain and regret of lives filled with lust, pornography and promiscuity. Theology of the Body for Teens brings teens the hope and redemption found in Christ and the knowledge that it is never too late to begin living a life of purity.
8. Many teens are comfortable with the modern culture but misunderstand or just don’t know what the Church teaches about sexual morality. Theology of the Body for Teens uses popular cultural references, balanced with rich theology, to help your teens clearly understand what the Church does (and does not) teach about sexual morality.
9. With the “culture of divorce” that we live in, many teens are skeptical or afraid of marriage. Theology of the Body for Teens is a training in faithfulness, helping them build firm foundations upon which to later build holy marriages that will last.
10. In showing teens the gift of sexuality, Theology of the Body for Teens prepares our youth for discerning their calling in life.
11. Your teens have questions about the purpose of their bodies. Theology of the Body for Teens teaches teens about God’s purpose for their bodies in ways they can understand.
12. Many teens have fallen into patterns of “using” one another in dating relationships. Theology of the Body for Teens helps train teens to cultivate pure, healthy, loving relationships that bring peace.
13. Your teens don’t know the difference between abstinence and chastity. Theology of the Body for Teens clarifies the difference and portrays the message of chastity in a fresh light that positively affirms the sacredness of their sexuality.
14. Teens want to know “how far is too far.” Theology of the Body for Teens preempts this question and answers the deeper questions that challenge teens to move as far as they can towards purity, not away from it.
15. You want to normalize chastity in your school or youth group. Theology of the Body for Teens is a great tool to begin (or continue) to create a culture of chastity that teens think is “cool.”
16. Teens wonder about (and sometimes wander away from) what God is calling them to do with their lives. Theology of the Body for Teens is a great tool to help teens become aware of the vocation to which God may be calling them.
17. Teens often think chastity takes away their freedom. Theology of the Body for Teens helps teens discover that a life of chastity is the way to true freedom and happiness.
18. Your teens are hungry to learn the deepest purpose of their lives. Theology of the Body for Teens offers satisfying answers to the deepest questions in their hearts.
19. Some teens hit “autopilot” when they walk into religion class. Theology of the Body for Teens will wake them up and motivate them to learn more about their faith and the plan that God has for their lives.
20. With negative images portrayed daily in the media, many teens wonder if the good life is worth pursuing. Theology of the Body for Teens offers them a new found hope about faith and life.